Elevate your dessert game with these flavorful delights that are as simple to make as they are scrumptious. If you’ve enjoyed the Air Fryer Cherry Pie Bombs, these Blueberry Pie Bombs will be your new favorite sweet indulgence.
Ingredients for Blueberry Pie Bombs
Indulge your taste buds with the simplicity of just four ingredients, transforming biscuit dough into golden orbs bursting with blueberry goodness.
- Biscuits: Opt for Pillsbury Grand biscuits (not the flaky layers type) for a convenient and golden outcome in the air fryer. Alternatively, experiment with pie crust dough, puff pastry dough (sans cinnamon), or crescent roll dough for a unique twist.
- Blueberry Filling: A cup of blueberry pie filling, whether store-bought or homemade, is the heart of this delightful treat.
Can I Make Homemade Blueberry Pie Filling?
Can I Bake These in the Oven?
Certainly! For oven-baking, follow the instructions until it’s time to air fry. Instead, place the bombs in a muffin tin sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 12-14 minutes at 375°F. While the color may differ slightly from air frying, the flavor remains irresistibly delicious.
How to Store & Freeze Blueberry Pie Bombs
Indulge in these treats at their best by storing them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Prior to serving, a quick warm-up in the microwave enhances their delightful taste. For freezing, let them reach room temperature, freeze on a baking sheet, and then transfer to a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Can I Use a Different Kind of Pie Filling?
Can I Add Cream Cheese to Pie Bombs?
Certainly! Elevate the flavor profile by spreading room-temperature cream cheese over each biscuit before adding the pie filling or including a cube of cold cream cheese in each bomb before sealing.
- 1 can (8-count) Pillsbury Grand biscuits, not flaky layers
- 1 cup (262 g) blueberry pie filling, store-bought or homemade*
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Remove biscuits from the can and peel to separate each biscuit into two layers, forming 16 circles.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of blueberry pie filling into the center of each circle.
- Use your fingers to fold and pinch the sides together, shaping them into balls.
- Brush the tops and bottoms with melted butter, sprinkling each with sugar.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Working in batches, place the bombs in the air fryer basket about 2 inches apart.
- Air fry at 330°F for 7-8 minutes**, or until golden brown. Serve warm.