This refreshing Summer Corn Salad Delight is a light and flavorful side dish that is perfect for any season. Made with fresh or frozen corn, onion, bell pepper, avocado, and a tangy vinaigrette dressing, this salad is a hit at barbecues, picnics, and potlucks.
The combination of flavors and textures makes it a family favorite, and it’s easy to customize with additional vegetables or toppings. Learn how to make this simple yet delicious corn salad and impress your family and friends with this crowd-pleasing dish.
Tips and Variations:
- You can use fresh or frozen corn for this salad. If using frozen corn, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight or warm it in the microwave just until thawed. Sauté the thawed corn with a little bit of oil in a hot skillet until lightly browned before adding it to the salad.
- Customize the salad by adding additional vegetables or toppings such as black beans, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, edamame, fresh basil, or grilled zucchini.
- For best results, choose ripe avocados that give slightly to pressure but are still firm. This will ensure a creamy and flavorful addition to the salad.
- Adjust the dressing ingredients to taste, adding more or less sugar, Dijon mustard, lime juice, salt, and pepper according to your preference.
- This Summer Corn Salad Delight can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, but it’s best when served fresh for maximum flavor and texture. If making ahead, store the dressing separately and toss the salad with the dressing just before serving.
- Enjoy this delicious and versatile Summer Corn Salad Delight all year round as a side dish or even as a light main course for a healthy and satisfying meal.
- 6-8 ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled, and chopped
For the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients (olive oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, Dijon mustard, lime juice, salt, and pepper) in a small bowl and set aside.
- Shuck the corn ears and remove the silk. Add 1-2 inches of water to a large skillet and bring it to a boil. Add the corn ears and cook for 3-4 minutes, rotating them to cook on all sides. Drain the water.
- Heat a grill on medium-high heat. Brush the corn lightly with olive oil and grill for a few minutes, rotating them as they cook, until golden on all sides.
- Allow the grilled corn to cool and then cut the corn off of the cob using a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, combine the grilled corn, diced red onion, diced red bell pepper, and chopped avocado.
- Drizzle the desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Serve the Summer Corn Salad Delight as a side dish at your next gathering and enjoy the fresh and tangy flavors!