Bean dishes are traditionally prepared on Lenten days. We suggest you try the pate, seasoned with garlic and fragrant herbs. It goes perfectly with croutons, bread, or lean soups.
- white beans 2 cups
- onions 2 pcs.
- garlic 3 cloves
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- spices To taste
- salt To taste
- Fresh herbs To taste
- green onion To taste
- Pre-soak the beans for 6 hours.
- Then drain the water, rinse and pour cold water over the beans and put them to boil.
- When the water boils, drain the water, and pour cold water over the beans and cook again until tender over low heat.
- Peel the onions, chop them and fry in a small amount of vegetable oil in a pan.
- Mash the cooked beans with a fork or in a blender.
- Add salt and spices to taste, season with oil-fried onions and grated garlic.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Serve with chopped greens and green onions.