A soft roll of yeast dough, filled with poppy seeds and raisins, will be a nice addition to the holiday table.
- flour 1 kg
- 2.5 cup milk
- sugar 1 cup
- butter 200g
- 3 eggs
- salt 1 tsp.
- dry yeast 1 packet.
- Vanilla To taste
- Mix yeast and flour. Add warm milk and the rest of the ingredients. Knead the dough together and leave for 1.5 hours.
- Knead the dough into a layer 1-1.5 cm thick.
- Soak raisins in water (10 minutes). Stir in the poppy seeds and whisk the egg whites with sugar.
- Mix everything, put an even layer on the dough, roll the dough and place on a greased baking sheet with the seam facing down.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes at 150°C.
- When the roll has cooled, drizzle with melted chocolate or creamy topping.