Embark on a culinary adventure with homemade Breakfast Sausage Patties that are so delectable; you’ll bid farewell to store-bought frozen alternatives forever. Elevate your breakfast game with these savory delights, and your family might just mistake you for a professional chef on the side.
The Morning Ritual: Breakfast Significance
While the debate over the “most important meal of the day” continues, there’s no denying the importance of breakfast in kickstarting your day. After all, breakfast is synonymous with ‘breaking the fast,’ ensuring you emerge from a restful night’s sleep ready to conquer the day.
Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe
Sure, frozen breakfast sausages line the aisles of grocery stores, but why settle when you can craft your own? The Breakfast Sausage Patties recipe is a breeze to follow, packing all the flavors and spices expected from quality breakfast sausage. Ideal companions for eggs and bacon, these patties shine even when savored on their own. Explore their versatility in my Biscuits and Gravy recipe, and you might find yourself sneakily nibbling on a few because they’re simply that irresistible.
How to Make Breakfast Sausage Patties
Creating these Breakfast Sausage Patties is a joyous endeavor. Follow these simple steps:
- In a small bowl, blend sage, garlic powder, kosher salt, black pepper, marjoram, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and ground cloves. Ensure a thorough mix.
- Place ground pork in a larger bowl, adding the mixed spices. Dive in with your hands, embracing the tactile joy of forming the pork into sausage patties. This hands-on activity caters to sensory needs and doubles as a therapeutic stress-reliever.
- Once the patties take shape, sauté them in a large skillet over medium-high heat for approximately 5 minutes per side. To guarantee perfection, use a meat thermometer, ensuring an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
Alternatives to Ground Pork
While ground pork is the star of this Breakfast Sausage Patties recipe, the spices steal the show. Feel free to experiment with alternatives like ground beef, turkey, chicken, bison, or venison. Adjustments, such as incorporating more fats for leaner meats, open the door to endless flavor possibilities.
Can I Freeze Leftover Breakfast Sausage Patties?
Absolutely! Prepare a few extras to have on standby for future breakfast delights. The rich flavor of these sausage patties is too good to waste. When stored properly, cooked and frozen Breakfast Sausage Patties maintain their quality for up to 4 months.
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 pounds (908 g) ground pork
- In a small bowl, combine sage, salt, black pepper, marjoram, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, and cloves. Mix well.
- Place the pork in a large bowl, adding the mixed spices. Mix thoroughly with your hands and shape into patties.
- Sauté the patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side or until the internal pork temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).