Introducing an irresistible BBQ sauce recipe that will have your taste buds dancing with delight – the Apple Jalapeno BBQ Sauce. This unique blend of flavors combines the sweetness of apples, the heat of jalapenos, and the savory taste of BBQ sauce. Perfect for slathering on ribs, chicken, and more, this sauce is sure to take your BBQ game to the next level.
To make this sauce, you’ll need to combine a variety of fresh and store-bought ingredients, including ketchup, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, ground coriander, and of course, jalapenos. These ingredients work together to create a perfectly balanced sauce with just the right amount of sweetness and acidity.
Making this BBQ sauce is a breeze – simply combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sauce comes to a boil. Then, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 25 minutes until it reaches a thick, classic BBQ sauce consistency. Once done, remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool before transferring it to a lidded jar and chilling it in the refrigerator overnight. This step is crucial as it allows the flavors to meld together and intensify, resulting in a more robust sauce.
When you’re ready to use the Apple Jalapeno BBQ Sauce, simply slather it on your favorite meats or veggies, and enjoy! If you like it spicy, leave the jalapeno seeds in, or remove them for a milder flavor. This sauce can be stored in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, making it perfect for meal prepping or using as a condiment for your favorite dishes.
In conclusion, this Apple Jalapeno BBQ Sauce is a must-try recipe for anyone who loves BBQ sauce and wants to add a unique twist to their dishes. With its blend of sweet and spicy flavors, it’s sure to become a crowd favorite at your next BBQ party or family dinner. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today and take your BBQ game to the next level!
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 1 cup apple juice
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 medium jalapeno (finely diced, seeds removed for a milder sauce)
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Transfer the sauce to a lidded jar and chill in the refrigerator overnight before using.
- Use the sauce on your favorite recipes, such as ribs or chicken.
- Adjust the spice level by leaving in or removing the jalapeno seeds and ribs.
- Making the sauce in advance and letting it chill in the fridge overnight will enhance the flavors, but it can be used immediately if needed.
- Any unused sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.