If you’re in search of a hearty soup that’s both simple and quick to make, then look no further than this easy vegan lasagna soup! For all the lasagna lovers out there who are short on time or lack the patience to prepare the traditional dish, this soup is the perfect alternative that still satisfies those cravings.
The beauty of this recipe lies in the fact that it utilizes a jar of sauce, making it even easier and faster to whip up. You won’t have to worry about seasoning the soup separately because the mushrooms, red pepper, and spinach come together beautifully to create a sweet and savory flavor in every spoonful.
Give this delicious, hassle-free, and 100% vegan recipe a try, and let us know in the comments below about your personal experience and thoughts!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) jar of marinara sauce
- 32 oz. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups bow tie pasta
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn or thinly sliced
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until softened.
- Stir in the minced garlic and diced red bell pepper. Continue sautéing until the bell pepper starts to soften, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot and sauté until they are cooked.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the bow tie pasta to the simmering soup and cook until it reaches the desired tenderness.
- Once the pasta is cooked, turn off the heat and stir in the baby spinach. Allow it to wilt in the residual heat.
- Serve the soup with a sprinkle of vegan mozzarella and a generous garnish of fresh basil.
Enjoy this scrumptious vegan lasagna soup that captures all the flavors of traditional lasagna in a fraction of the time. It’s a wholesome and satisfying dish that will surely become a favorite in your household!