Mackerel fish pâté on freshly made crispy croutons or toast is an easy appetizer that will satisfy hunger while you prepare the main family meal.
- Large fresh mackerel 2 pcs.
- cream 200 ml
- shallot 2 pcs.
- wasabi 1 tbsp.
- olive oil 2 tbsp.
- salt To taste
- ground black pepper To taste
- Separate mackerel fillets from bones.
- Preheat oven to 220 ° C.
- Put fillets on a baking tray (skin side down), drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the baked fish cool completely. Peel the onion and chop it.
- Whip cooled cream to a stiff foam with a pinch of salt.
- In a bowl, mash the baked fish thoroughly with a fork.
- Add the wasabi to the chopped onion and mix well.
- Stir in whipped cream in batches.
- Put the pâté into a bowl, cover with a lid and leave in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled with croutons.