Pavlova cake is an Australian dessert that is beloved and now made in many countries around the world. The dessert is based on a meringue cake decorated with cream and fruit. In the classic recipe, the cream is made with cream, so this recipe can be called a variation on the “Pavlova” theme, because the cream will also use cottage cheese.
For the cake you will need:
- 4 egg whites.
- 1 cup sugar for the meringue and 1 cup for the cream
- 3 tsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 300g cottage cheese
- 200ml 15% cream
- Fruits and berries for decoration according to your taste (kiwi, banana, orange, strawberry, blueberry, etc.)
- Beat whites until fluffy, adding sugar in batches. Whisk for 7-10 minutes. Add the cornstarch and vinegar and mix.
- On parchment draw a circle about 20 centimeters in diameter, spread the meringue and smooth the surface, cut the top and sides with a knife, it will fix and decorate the dessert.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes in a preheated 150 degrees oven.
- Turn off the oven, open the door a little and leave the cake for another 30-40 minutes, until it cools completely.
- For the cream, whip the cottage cheese with cream and sugar.
- Place the cream on the meringue and decorate with pieces of fruit. In the classic recipe it is kiwi, strawberry and banana.