Craft Your Own Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup with a Guilt-Free Homemade Version, Perfect for Casseroles and Dips, and Freezer-Friendly for Ultimate Convenience!
The Recipe for Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup Unveiled
Fashioning Your Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup Is an Effortless Endeavor, Requiring Only a Handful of Ingredients. Moreover, You’ll Find Yourself Creating This Homemade Gem in a Fraction of the Time. This Journey Becomes Even Smoother When Leftover Rotisserie Chicken or Chicken Stock Grace Your Pantry!
Fear Not If a Chicken Carcass Eludes You, as This Cream of Chicken Soup Recipe Can Be Fashioned with Chicken Breast. In Fact, I’ve Included This Option to Cater to Varied Preferences.
Crafting a Creamy Soup: Two Paths Converge
Whipping Up a Cream-Based Soup Is Remarkably Simple. You Can Embark on Your Quest with a Roux, Gradually Infusing the Dairy into a Luscious Butter-Flour Fusion. Alternatively, Allow This Soup to Simmer on the Stove, Meticulously Whisking as It Gently Cooks. In This Approach, You Can Even Sidestep the Butter Ingredient.
A World of Culinary Possibilities Unveiled
Having Introduced This Staple Recipe, You’ll Soon Find My Culinary Creations Abundantly Flavored with Cream of Chicken Soup. Fear Not, as I Intend to Provide Links and Frequent References to This Recipe as It Embellishes My Future Culinary Adventures.
Enlightening Insights and Practical Tips
- Freezer-Friendly Gem: Yes, You Can Freeze This. I Typically Portion It into 1 ¼ Cup Servings, Resembling the Canned Counterpart.
- Defrosting and Whisking: Defrost the Soup, and While Whisking Is Optional, It’s a Good Practice. When Employing It in Casseroles, Whisking Can Be Bypassed.
- Gluten-Free Adaptation: Should You Prefer a Gluten-Free Variant, Replace Flour with Cornstarch. Begin with 2 Tablespoons, and If Necessary, Form a Slurry (Equal Parts Cornstarch and Water).
- Spice Exploration: Feel Free to Tweak the Spice Blend to Suit Your Tastes. The Blend I’ve Provided Is Based on the Ingredients and Flavors of the Canned Version.
- Texture Tidbits: If You Don’t Achieve Perfectly Smooth Consistency, Don’t Fret. This Soup Harmoniously Melds with Other Ingredients in Casseroles.
Essential Ingredients in the Spotlight
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth – Preferably Homemade
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Chicken – Or Utilize a Rotisserie Chicken Carcass
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk – I Opt for Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 3/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
Cooking Chronicles Unveiled
- Commence by Simmering Chicken Broth in a Saucepan Alongside the Chicken Carcass or Chopped Chicken.
- Reserve 1 Cup of Broth, Transferring It to a Large Measuring Cup. Introduce Milk, Celery Salt, White Pepper, Onion
- Powder, and Flour. Whisk Vigorously Until Homogeneous.
- Gradually Pour the Mixture into the Saucepan While Continuously Whisking.
- Sustain Whisking for 5-7 Minutes, Until the Sauce Achieves a Thickened Consistency Akin to the Canned Variety.
- If You Employed the Chicken Carcass, Extract and Discard It.
Additional Insights to Keep in Mind
- Better than Bouillon Substitute: Utilize Better than Bouillon with Water as an Alternative. Simply Double the Concentration for Enhanced Chicken Flavor.
- Chicken Carcass’s Role: Opting for the Carcass Over Cubed Chicken Is a Strategy to Emulate the Minimal Chicken Bits Found in Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup. The Rotisserie’s Depth of Flavor Elevates the Culinary Experience.
- White Pepper’s Purpose: The Decision to Use White Pepper Stems from the Canned Version’s Absence of Black Pepper. However, Feel Free to Incorporate Black Pepper for a Few Specks of Texture.
The Final Verse: Freezing and Ratios
Fear Not the Freezer – This Recipe Is Well-Suited for Frozen Storage. Feel Free to Freeze Leftovers or Create Portions Equivalent to One Canned Quantity. The Campbell’s Reference Guide States One Can Contains 1 ¼ Cups of Condensed Soup. Freeze with Confidence, Knowing a Savory Solution Awaits.