Greek pasta salad is a delicious and refreshing cold salad that makes a perfect meal for a hot summer day or any time of the year. It’s packed with fresh and flavorful ingredients, including cucumber, tomatoes, black olives, red onions, feta cheese, and pepperoni, all tossed together with a tangy Greek vinaigrette dressing. The best part is that it’s incredibly easy to put together and can be made ahead of time, making it a convenient and time-saving option.
To make this salad, start by cooking the pasta of your choice, such as fusilli or rotini, until it’s al dente. Drain and rinse the pasta under cold water to prevent it from sticking together. Next, combine the cooked pasta with the diced cucumber, halved grape tomatoes, sliced black olives, sliced red onion, cubed or crumbled feta cheese, and sliced and quartered pepperoni, if desired. Toss all the ingredients together with the Greek vinaigrette dressing, making sure everything is well coated. Finally, cover the salad and refrigerate it for at least 2-3 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
This salad is not only delicious, but it’s also versatile. You can easily customize it to your liking by adding your favorite vegetables or swapping out the cheese for a different variety, such as queso fresco or Halloumi. If you prefer a vegetarian version, simply leave out the pepperoni.
To store the salad, keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. When you’re ready to serve it, take it out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for a bit, but be sure not to leave it out for more than two hours before refrigerating again.
If you want to make your own homemade Greek vinaigrette dressing, it’s easy to do. Simply combine red wine vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, oregano, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil until everything is well blended. Store the dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Overall, this Greek pasta salad is a tasty and convenient option that’s perfect for any occasion. Give it a try and enjoy the refreshing flavors of the Mediterranean!
- 2 cups fusilli pasta noodles, or any other short pasta
- 1 medium cucumber, diced (about 1½ cups)
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- ½ cup pepperoni, sliced and quartered (optional)
- ¾ cup Greek vinaigrette salad dressing
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, diced cucumber, halved grape tomatoes, sliced black olives, sliced red onion, cubed feta cheese, and sliced pepperoni (if using).
- Pour the Greek vinaigrette dressing over the ingredients and toss everything together until everything is coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours to chill before serving.
- When ready to serve, let the salad sit at room temperature for a bit before serving, but don’t leave it out for more than two hours before refrigerating again.